1. Think about it: We who live heart-led have the nerve to tell the world that a billion Western minds are wrong.
That’s my estimate, a mere approximation; if you want to fuss over details, you already fail to understand the point. What is at stake here is the realization that the majority will always be wrong about almost any subject you mention. That’s the nature of the Fall. The hardest thing to swallow is probably the recognition that it can’t be fixed.
2. While migrating to Linux is hard, I tend to think sticking with Windows is even harder. Even more difficult is that the question is becoming more and more a niche issue in the first place as the ownership and use of PCs and laptops is declining rapidly. I believe we’ve passed the equilibrium point; the majority of people using the Internet do so from their cellphones and tablets.
However, those who produce content cannot do it without a full-blown computer of some sort. I have serious doubts that oral controls will never be more than a toy for mobile device users. And touchscreens doesn’t scale well with text and data. In the end, the question about Windows versus Linux will not affect most consumers, but will be an issue for workstations.
3. There’s more than one kind of red pill. One of the most prominent uses of the term “red pill” refers to socio-sexual matters. This what we refer to on this blog as “Game Theory of Socio-sexual Response.” It’s a body of theory about the nature of human sexual response in social situations, in particular as contrary to the typical social mythology, which mythology is reflected in feminism. It really doesn’t have all that much to say about feminine nature itself.
The people who promote that particular kind of red pill remain deeply wedded to, and defensive about, Western intellectual biases. What they refuse to understand is that it’s part of the very source of the blue pill feminism they hate. All the red pill guys are doing is rolling things back a few centuries to the days of Western feudalism. Thus, we don’t do a lot red pill stuff here at Kiln of the Soul because that body of theory, while generally accurate in its conclusions about women, applies only in terms of how to handle Westernized women. It still ignores the full recognition of how the Bible views things, in the sense that they don’t see the difference. Indeed, a great many red pill enthusiasts are also some kind of white heritage enthusiast.
4. We are grateful for your prayers about our car trouble. For now, it has reached a new state of equilibrium in that the actual alarm doesn’t work any more, in part because the wiring that controls the power locks is shorted somewhere. Without the power locks, there’s no alarm. It’s tolerable for now, but keep in mind that Volvos have only one exterior keyhole on the driver’s door. The rest of the locks have to be manually operated from inside.
5. Just in case anyone is wondering, I still have this driving mission commitment to military people. That’s my mission field; it has been since I first wore a uniform. Pray with me as I remain convinced I have at least one more adventure ahead of me that involves the military in some way.